Samplers on ACID

Everything we love about Samplers from E-MU, AKAI, Ensoniq, Kurzweil, Roland, and all the rest.

You are not logged in.

#1 2018-11-12 04:07:20

csdecato

The Button Problem & SSD

Hello all... thanks so much for this forum!! I've been having a blast reading posts, and it's great to see folks out there who still love there Emu's!!

I've got an ULTRA 4XT with sticky buttons... seems like I remember reading about folks with the same problem years ago, but haven't found any posts here about it
(figure I'm either missing them, or the solutions are way too obvious!) Did everyone fix their buttons so long ago that there aren't any new posts? Or am I just a goober?

Also, I replaced the standard 3.5GB ATA drive with a 20GB drive that came in my G4 400 that I bought at the same time as I bought the ultra... spring 2000. (amazing it still spins up!) Reading all the great posts regarding upgrades to various alternative drives, I'm wonder what seems to be the best for someone who has no need of a removable, and who is still EOS 4.61??
Is there really a reason to upgrade to 4.7 other than 120GB?

I really just want a copy of my current library on a new drive... So I need both a way to connect to scsi to make the copy, then ata for a permanent internal drive, right?

Many Thanks for any thoughts!!

(^=

#2 2018-11-15 18:23:50

override

Re: The Button Problem & SSD

With OS 4.7 you can use the backup function in the disk menu and copy the data from the scsi drive to the ide drive.

#3 2018-11-15 23:04:11

override

Re: The Button Problem & SSD

sorry... i forgot this only works one way.. you can back up from IDE to SCSI, or SCSI to SCSI, but not from SCSI to IDE. You can only read scsi drives in OS 4.6.. so maybe your better off upgrading to a scsi2sd and putting a 16bg sd card in it.

Board footer