Samplers on ACID

Everything we love about Samplers from E-MU, AKAI, Ensoniq, Kurzweil, Roland, and all the rest.

You are not logged in.

#1 2019-01-11 10:44:37

talkboxert

ESI 4000 internal HD says "no Esi file system mounted"

Hi fellow Emu fans. I Just installed an internal quantum fireball (2GB) in my ESi-4000 (OS 3.02) I took the power from the floppy connector, thus disabling the floppy.(this should be no problem I guess?)

I Can now mount the drive, format it, so I did and used "copy file system" (option 8) in the hidden menu.

But when I want to save my bank it still says "no Esi file system mounted". So the disk is somehow accesible, but not seen as an Emu disk
after the format.

The HD is in it's default state, that means termination = on and ID = 6. Manual says: "Set the SCSI ID of your external SCSI device to any number
other than 5 or 0" So I see no problem there with the fireball on ID 6 and then the ESI itself on ID 5. Unless using ID 0 (floppy) is required somehow for everything to work?

I already tried different ID's for the ESI itself, but just wondering if there's something I'm missing?

Should the floppy be kept "in the loop"? Should I unterminate the HD or try a different ID? Or use one of the "deinterlaced" format options from the hidden menu?

#2 2019-01-11 13:10:02

talkboxert

Re: ESI 4000 internal HD says "no Esi file system mounted"

Nevermind, still had to terminate with a jumper. now it works like a charm.

Board footer